Friday, December 05, 2008

Black is back

Welcome to the new look blog courtesy J seen here hiding behind the transparent coffee cups. It is in testimony to his coffee drinking capabilities that I dedicate this blog to him. While I could not finish the iced coffee adulterated with God-alone-knows-what, J was not to be put down. The picture is a result of our efforts after almost 30 minutes. Its not difficult to guess who crossed the finishing line.



They say if we finish 6 of these, we'll get a free one. That's what makes this exercise so challenging!

Back to the blog, this reminds me of my teen aged days when my wardrobe had four black tops, a few black skirts ( I wasn't into jeans yet) and all my shoes were black. Whether it was a futile attempt to create an optical illusion about looking slim or simply a fad of the age, I'll never find out. Suffice to say, I remember embroidering pink flowers on a black colour rubia handkerchief for SUPW (ofcourse! Some Useful Periods Wasted) and I cried when we had to dye our black cloth in other colours to create the bandhni (tie and dye) patterns. My mother refused to buy me any black coloured woolen garments because she felt that winter was about bright colours and I protested against this curtailing of my freedom of expression. My first pair of sneakers were black and I wanted a cool black school bag that year even though school regulations were blue. In short, I was in love with color black. Like its true physical nature, it represented an amalgamation of all the mysteries of growing up, the invisible thoughts that played in my mind in those formative years, to absorb everything and give away nothing. As this blog takes a dark turn, who knows what secrets will be unravelled. Perhaps, a riddle to be solved or an enigma waiting to be discovered. Keep your fingers crossed and keep guessing...........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm given credit for more than what I deserve. :-) Nevertheless, I accept it whole-heartedly.

<...a riddle to be solved or an enigma waiting to be discovered...>

Don't make me go Klueless again!

-You know who.

ə said...

me like your new template. bhery nice. me admire u for changing templates thrice already. me hasn't gotten around to doing it even once. me only keeps galavanting.

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

@You Know Who: I know I know...

@Stiletto: You won't stop until you have created a masterpiece. That's why you keep galvanating.

ə said...

nice excuse for galavanting. i shall carry on doing the same more guilty freely.