Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Keeping Promises

The previous post was written on a day that changed my life forever. Its a long story....

I have been meaning to restart this blog ever since I found out last year that I was pregnant. This blog was meant to be a chronicle of my journey through this unique phase of my life. My own laziness prevented me from spelling out those ruminations. In those days, I had a lot of routine visits to the doctor and everything was going fine. January 2nd, the day I wrote the previous post was yet another routine visit. It was my 37th week and I was a day away from going on maternity leave. Soon after writing the post, I went to see the doctor. The visit was eventful because the doc found a complication and recommended that labor be induced as soon as possible. Two days later I found myself in the hospital and a day later my little baby girl was born.

Here I am five weeks later, sleep deprived, exhausted and at the brink of falling apart. Yet, I could not have been happier. She has given all of us so much joy that words are not enough to describe. It is hard to explain the feeling of knowing that a tiny person who cannot communicate in any other way but through crying is dependent on me for everything. Each cry means something different and I cannot decipher it all. Despair sets in and I try my best to help her. It works. And then when she smiles, I feel like I own the world.

I am going to call her Lio - why? That's another post. Right now, all I can say is that she is the best thing that happened to me!



3 comments:

virendra yadav said...

It's really great post..
ghazipur khabar

Oirpus said...

Congratulations on your bundle of Joy....

Oirpus said...

Great News MoM! wor what have you named your bundle of joy?