Sunday, March 04, 2007

She says that I am true blue Bong! I could not agree more with her. I do not go to office on days when I feel that the weather is not fine enough for me to take the daily drudgery. I watch 'Saans- Bahu' serials with religious fervour and yet snigger at them in front of the intelligentsia. I miss my 'maacher jhol' when it does not turn up on my lunch plate and denounce swim suit rounds in beauty contests. I think drinking coffee and indulging in 'adda' in office is a mandatory part of my job in office and rush out of the office with my lunchbox and water bottle in tow, when the office bus takes off. I have routine stomach upsets because of street food and yet I am back at gorging them at the earliest opportunity. I do not hesitate to join the ranks of the protesting public whenever the boss declares that we have to come to office on Sundays to get over with extra work and do not miss my roshogolla in wedding parties. I hate Greg Chappell for throwing Dada out of the team and still hope that Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose will return and solve our economic problems by stopping construction of factories in Singur and Nandigram. I wanted to fast when Didi (Mamta Banerjee) fasted, but gave it up when I spotted 'beguni' being fried. I think no decision can be reached without discussing the same matter over and over and killing time till its too late to decide. I love to procrastinate.

And she says I am a true blue Bong! We need to sit down and discuss this someday and come to a conclusion.

6 comments:

ə said...

Da yong blaad will show the way by debate, discussion and procrastination in the most kalchaared manner?

Anonymous said...

very funny, especially the last line :)

Anonymous said...

Well I also agree that you are a quintessential Bong. But to become a brand ambassador of the Bengali community you need to cultivate a small thing known as gossip in five different forms: participate, practice, preach, praise and popularize.

APUGONNAB said...

& she calls u Bong???? What nerve????!!!! She must have some guts to call u thing like that huh?

:-)

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

@Souradyuti: PNPC i have heard of, but "Praise"???? Oh my God!! that's impossible!!!! the other 4 P's are manageable you know!!!!

@Aparna: :-))))))))))))

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

@Tree Frog: Thank you!